North East Surrey Crematorium provides a number of facilities to help visitors on the day of the service or when visiting the crematorium after the service has taken place. You are welcome by arrangement to visit the facilities offered at North East Surrey where a member of staff will be pleased to show you around and answer any questions you may have.
Prior notice for large coffins is required. Prior notice for large congregations if possible.
Our large cremator will accept a maximum coffin size of:
- 29” high
- 40” wide
- 7ft 2” long
as opposed to the maximum size in our standard cremator of:
- 29” high
- 30” wide
- 7ft 2” long
- The offices are situated just inside the main gates of cemetery. Within the offices a reception area includes an adjacent quiet room. The quiet room provides a confidential and comfortable place for you to discuss anything relating to the crematorium.
- The two chapels has a modern glass canopy directly in front of the entrance for people to congregate in preparation for the funeral cortege to arrive.
- A warm, dry waiting area just inside the canopy is also available during inclement weather.
- Both chapels will seat approximately 80 people and an additional 40 people standing and are carpeted throughout. The crematorium chapel also has comfortable cushioned pews.
- A TV screen and public address system is located outside of the chapels to accommodate large congregations and cater for the overspill of people who can then hear the service outside the chapel.
- The chapel includes the current funeral service books to help and assist both ministers and families in the choice of readings and hymns required during the service.
- Toilets which include a disabled facility are housed at the rear of the remembrance building. The toilets open 30 minutes after the main gates open, and close 30 minutes before the main gates close.
- A wheelchair is available to assist disabled or elderly visitors both inside and outside the crematorium building.
- A loop system is available for people with impaired hearing.
- We provide a bespoke electronic organ specifically designed for both classical and contemporary pieces of music.
- Alternatively you can provide your choices of music on either CD or downloaded onto an iPod or MP3 player via your Funeral Director. However we strongly advise not to use home produced CD's as there is a risk that these will not play on our equipment.
- Water points are conveniently placed around the chapel area and in the Garden of remembrance for visitors.
- Flower vases are available throughout the garden for the placement of freshly cut flowers.
- A member of staff is always available to offer help and advice during the opening times of the crematorium.