CoronaVirus. Updated 29th June 2020 at 4pm
From Monday 6th July 2020 a maximum of 30 people will be permitted to attend a cremation service in the chapel. Please note that we recommend the elderly and vulnerable should consider the use of face masks for their own safety. The screen and speakers in the waiting area are not in use and additional mourners gathering outside the crematorium building are not permitted.
The following limitations are in place until further notice.
- Large gatherings are not permitted.
- At Battersea New (Morden) cemetery the rear gate will remain closed so there is no thoroughfare. Pedestrian access is via the main gates.
- Cycles, skates or the like or any sporting activities including daily exercise is not permitted
- Picnics or the consumption of alcohol or the use of drugs is not permitted
- You must not visit if you feel unwell or if you are self isolating.
- The public toilet facilities will not be available to visitors at weekends.
- Please do not approach staff, grave diggers or grounds people. Please let them carry out their work in safety. Please contact the office with any enquiry.
Normal cemetery regulations continue to apply and must be adhered to and the above re-opening and restrictions will be monitored and reviewed over the coming weeks.
As you are aware, we are in unprecedented times, and therefore have had to make necessary changes to our facilities to ensure that we follow Government guidance on limiting the spread of Coronavirus.
We are taking the necessary steps to keep our communities safe.
The office is open, and you can still contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 020 8337 4835
We thank you for your understanding at these difficult times and wish everybody well.